2019 Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) Online Registration
2018 registration guides are available for download.
|2018 Online Registration Guidelines (216 kB)|
|Registration guide for new students: PE campuses (659 kB)|
|Registration guide for senior students: PE campuses (590 kB)|
|Registration guide for new students: George Campus (679 kB)|
|Registration guide for senior students: George Campus (822 kB)|
|2018 Postgraduate Faculty Contact Info (822 kB)|
You may apply by following one of these routes:
- Apply online;
- Download an application form (see list to your right); or
- Request an application form (which you can download) by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (041) 504 1111.
- Postgraduate applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form in addition to the standard Postgraduate application form (which can be found on the right-hand side of this page). For information on postgraduate programmes, please consult the General Information and Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes.
- Make sure you have paid the Application fee (international students only), before submitting your application form (see below for methods of payment).
- Your application form must be accompanied by:
- (i) a certified copy of your final Grade 11 report and;
- (ii) a most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) report (No March results), or if you have already passed the matriculation examination, a certified copy of your matriculation certificate, or results as well as certified copies of diploma/degree certificates and academic records for postgraduate applications,
- (iii) a certified copy of your ID/Passport,
- (iv) a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- (v) declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- Either an acknowledgement letter or outcome of your admission will be sent to you within 10 working days during April to June. During the period leading up to the closing dates stipulated above the turnaround time will be 14 – 20 working days.
- If your admissions points and school subjects do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you may be requested to write an access assessment test.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your specific faculty which can be downloaded from the links on the right of this page.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via sms, or a letter posted to your postal address. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are provisionally admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is subject to your final NSC results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme.
- You can use one of the following methods to pay application fees:
- Money order (purchased at a post office)
- Postal order (purchased at a post office)
- Cheque. The cheque must be crossed and marked “not transferable”.
- Cashiers: payment can be made personally at the university.
- Please do not send cash in the post.
Applicants who have studied at other tertiary institutions
- In order to ensure adequate time for processing, assessment testing and planning by the university and yourself, applications for admission next year should be submitted by 1 August – No application fee for South African applicants.
- Late applications will be considered after this date based on academic merit until 30 September – No application fee for South African applicants.
- Submit together with your application form, a certified copy of your official academic record and certificate of conduct as well as a certified copy of your school leaving certificate.
- Should you be applying for module exemptions, download the module exemption form and complete it and note that there is a module exemption fee to be paid before the exemption can be processed. You must attach copies of module outlines/syllabus.
- The application fees above are applicable for International applicants.
The Admissions Office
PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela University
Banking Account Details
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 051001
Account No.: 080263011
Reference: Write the word: Application and your name
Fax payment receipt to: 041 504 4722
Please attach a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment to your application form.
Allow three working days for processing. Also keep a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment should be in your possession at all times.
Clearly indicate the following on the postal or money order or on the back of your cheque:
- Your full initials and surname
- Write the words: “payment of application fees”
- Payable to Nelson Mandela University. The original money or postal order or cheque must be stapled to your application form.
Application fees are non-refundable. Payment of application fees does not guarantee entry to the university. Please do not send cash in the post.