GetSmarter – General Intern in Cape Town, Observatory 2016
GetSmarter – General Intern Vacancy in Cape Town, Observatory Nov 2016
Jobs description : General Intern Opportunity in South Africa 2016
Employment Position : GetSmarter Latest careers in South Africa Nov 2016
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Type:||Contract 6 months|
The successful candidate will have their tasks and responsibilities divided between their department of choice and the front desk. This internship also comes with the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge about the business through reception and general administrative duties within a specific department.
GetSmarter aims to improve lives through better education by helping working professionals advance their careers. We offer a portfolio of short courses, postgraduate degree programmes, and professional accounting programmes presented in partnership with international and South Africa’s leading universities.
- Be the welcoming face of “front of house” for GetSmarter.
- Answer calls at the switchboard and transfer them to the relevant team members.
- Assist with general office administration, which includes but is not limited to, ordering office items and ensuring that par levels are maintained.
- Assist the services team with various administrative tasks.
- Spend 50% of time within department of choice assisting with various admin tasks.
- Must be articulate, professional and have a good command of both spoken and written English.
- A tertiary degree or qualification.
- Should have good organisational, prioritising and time management skills.
- Must be extremely computer literate, with competence in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel), Gmail and Google Docs.
Job specific competencies
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Passion and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
If you are experiencing any problems with the application process, please email email@example.com
Start date: as soon as possible
If you do not hear anything back within two weeks after applying for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.