Durban University of Technology Chiropractic Department
Acting Head of Programme: Chiropractic Dr A Docrat
Secretary: Ms K Pillay
Tel: 031 373 2094
Fax: 031 202 3632
Location: Ritson Campus
The Chiropractic Department is a dynamic Department within the Faculty of Health Sciences at the Durban University of Technology.The chiropractic practitioner is concerned with the treatment and prevention of neuro-musculo-skeletal disorders. The chiropractor diagnoses disorders, cares for the human frame in health and in disease, consulting with and referring to other health care providers.Therapy consists of manual treatments, nutritional advice, exercise programmes, stress management, electrotherapy, massage, acupuncture and traction. Post graduate programmes in the management of sports injuries and in disorders of the foot and ankle are available.
The Chiropractic Department is committed to producing quality chiropractors that are orientated towards achieving excellence in their professional and personal capacities in order to contribute meaningfully to the society in which they reside.
The Department of Chiropractic’s vision is to produce clinician-scientists within the field of chiropractic, who espouse the ideals of
- Excellence in their professional / practice environments with regard to ethics, patient care, business practice and professional development, as well as their private environments.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team, through evidence based medicine and in partnership with the patient, for the betterment of holistic patient care.
Programmes offered by the department
- MTech Chiropractic
The process of application for the Chiropractic Programme :
- All applicants need to apply to the Central Applications Office.
- All applications that fully meet the requirements of application submission, will be required to undergo an assessment as part of the selection procedure.
- All applicants that complete the required assessment will be required to attend an interview.
- From the interview pool of applicants, successful applicants will be informed of their selection for registration.
The requirements for application for the Chiropractic Programme:
Persons applying must be over 17 years of age, physically fit.
Master of Technology Chiropractic