Cape Peninsula University Of Technology Jewelry Design
Simply one of the best jewellery training facilities to be found. We offer a comprehensive training from traditional hand craftsmanship and lost wax casting to state of the Art CAD/ CAM reproduction. Most importantly the CPUT jewellery design diploma and degree unlocks an inner creativity that equips our graduates to take their place in the community of jewellers anywhere in the world.
We offer a national diploma that gives the student the basics of both the ancient art of jewellery making and the intellectual and technical capacities to survive in the modern world. Out BTech is the specialisation year, in which the students develop their own artistic selves in a unique and individual way.
Our students are empowered, highly employable and free thinking. They have permeated into every facet of the South Africa design world. They run their own businesses and are managers, artisans and designers for others. They teach and mentor and most importantly, are prepared to give back to this exciting world.
JEWELLERY DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE
ND: (National Diploma)
- To draw on historical studies which heighten design awareness
- To develop skills to communicate design intention
- To develop technical skills to manufacture jewellery from preparation of metals through to final finishing
- To instil good workshop practice
- To develop applied drawing and illustration techniques
- Work as a goldsmith
- Design and create original models for jewellery manufacturers for mass production
- Manage the workshop of a jewellery manufacturer
- Become a jewellery designer in a jewellery studio
- Become a salesperson or manager in the jewellery retail industry
- Design or manufacture theatre or costume jewellery
- Become a buyer for large jewellery chain stores
- Evaluate jewellery items
- Repair jewellery items
- Manage a design boutique/studio
- Start a jewellery design and manufacture business
For all Certificate, Diploma and National Diploma applications, consult the General admission requirements.
General admission requirements
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application.
Additional admission requirements
For all Bachelors, Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications, consult the Postgraduate admission requirements.
Postgraduate admission requirements
The fees for 2017 reflected below may be subject to change.
Please confirm the final fee amount by contacting the relevant Faculty Office or contact person as listed at the bottom of this page.