How To Advertise On Facebook Marketplace
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace was introduced in October 2016 as an online space where users can buy and sell new and used products locally. As of 2022, Facebook Marketplace has extended its availability to 222 countries, independent regions, and territories, allowing eligible users to buy or sell products.
How To Advertise On Facebook Marketplace
- Go to the Ads Manager tool. Log into Facebook Ads Manager.
- Set your budget and schedule. Choose between setting a lifetime or daily budget.
- Choose your audience.
- Decide on your ad placement.
- Choose your ad’s creative format.
- Choose you destination.
- Publish and wait for review.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to advertise on Facebook marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace Fees
Unlike other ecommerce or reselling marketplaces, Facebook charges zero fees to list your items if you sell them locally. If a customer places an order for shipping, the seller is only charged 5% of the sale price or a flat fee of $0.40 for shipments of $8.00 or less.
How do I advertise something on Facebook marketplace?
Steps to Promoting Ads on Facebook Marketplace
- Create a Facebook profile or account.
- Navigate to the Marketplace Tab in Facebook.
- Click on Sell and upload or take photos for the listing.
- Add a Title and Price.
- Add details, descriptions, and information about what you’re selling.
- Add Additional Information in the Description.
How do I sell on Facebook marketplace for beginners?
How to list on Facebook Marketplace
- Log in to Facebook.
- Click the Marketplace button on the left side menu.
- Click Create New Listing.
- Select ‘Item For Sale’
- Fill in all listing information.
- Consider joining local Facebook groups.
- Tap publish and start selling on Facebook Marketplace.
How do I attract customers to my Facebook marketplace?
Price competitively: Research similar items on Facebook Marketplace to get an idea of what other sellers are charging. Pricing your item competitively can help it stand out and attract more buyers. Share your listing: Post your listing on your Facebook page, in buy/sell groups, and with friends and family.
What is the safest way to sell on Facebook Marketplace?
To buy and sell safely on Facebook Marketplace, you should check seller and buyer profiles, meet in a public place when selling or purchasing an item, have a friend or relative accompany you for the exchange of goods, use secure payment methods and more.
How do I sell clothes on Facebook Marketplace?
Tips for Sellers
- Dropping off and picking up items helps you avoid interacting with people directly.
- Use a photo that clearly shows the item and its condition.
- Add a detailed description of the item and its condition.
- If you’re selling used clothing or shoes, make sure they’re as clean as possible.
How do I sell on Marketplace 2023?
Go to the Marketplace and do the following:
- Click on Create New Listing.
- Choose Item for Sale from the listing types.
- Upload up to ten high-quality photos.
- Enter the product details including the title, description, and price.
- Choose the category and product condition from the dropdown menus.
How do I start selling on the online Marketplace?
How to start selling online in 9 steps
- Find a niche or competitive angle.
- Establish your target audience.
- Decide which products to sell.
- Create an online store.
- Choose your sales channels.
- Set up payment processing.
- Choose your shipping methods.
- Promote your products.
What do I put in title in Facebook marketplace?
Put the most important keywords at the beginning of the title: in most marketplaces, when your listings appear on the search result, only the first 20-60 characters will appear. This is the reason why you should clearly state what you are selling in the first words of your titles.
How do I increase my chances of selling on Facebook marketplace?
How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace: 5 Tips for 2022
- Set a competitive price.
- Take great photos.
- Include search tags.
- Offer local delivery.
- Renew your listings.