How To Activate a New Spriggy Card
What is Spriggy Card?
The Spriggy card is a prepaid Visa card, which Visa says is a digital “alternative to cash”. This means kids can only spend what is on the card and can’t go into debt, as it’s not a credit card. Spriggy cards can currently have a maximum of $999 loaded onto them at any one time, and an annual load limit of $10,000.
How To Activate a New Spriggy Card
- Log in to the Spriggy Pocket Money app using your Parent Login.
- Swipe right or left and find the profile of your child whose card needs activating.
- Tap ‘Activate [your child’s name] Card’.
- Enter the last 4 digits of their Spriggy Card and tap ‘Activate Card’.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up a Spriggy card?
- Sign up in minutes. Get Spriggy.
- Download the app.
- Connect your Aussie Visa/Mastercard debit card or bank account.
- Top up your Parent Wallet. Parent Wallet. …
- Activate your kids’ Spriggy card once it arrives.
- Spriggy is ready to roll and your kids are ready to kick off their money-smart journey.
Why won’t my Spriggy card work?
Their Spriggy card may be locked
Our ‘lock card’ feature helps protect your kid’s money if they lose their Spriggy card. If you have recently locked your child’s card, make sure their card is unlocked before they try to use it again.
How do I unlock my Spriggy card?
To lock and unlock a Spriggy card as a child:
Tap the purple ‘Lock’ icon from the My Spriggy Card screen, then confirm. To unlock the card, return to this screen and tap ‘Unlock’.
Do Spriggy cards work internationally?
For over-the-counter purchases there’s an option to use either tap and go (for purchases under $100) or PIN (for purchases over $100) wherever Visa is accepted. That means it can be used both in Australia and overseas, though there is a 3.5% international transaction fee for purchases abroad.
How do I activate my Spriggy card on Apple pay?
Here’s how to add your kid’s Spriggy card to Apple Pay:
- In the Wallet app, tap the Add (+) button.
- Tap Debit or Credit Card and tap Continue.
- Scan your card or enter details manually.
- Select ‘Indue Ltd’ as your card issuer if prompted.
- Verify your information with your bank or card issuer.
Can I withdraw money from Spriggy?
Please note that Spriggy SPRK users are able to withdraw money from ATMs up to a daily limit of $250. Remember that ATM fees may apply at some ATMs (these are set and charged by the ATM provider, not Spriggy or the product issuer).
Can I use my Spriggy card on my phone?
Pay anywhere with prepaid VISA cards
Kids can pay on their smart watch or mobile with Apple Pay™ if they’re over 13 or Google Pay™ if they’re over 16. Your kids can only spend what you load onto the card – no overspending!
How much money can you put on a Spriggy card?
This means kids can only spend what is on the card and can’t go into debt, as it’s not a credit card. Spriggy cards can currently have a maximum of $999 loaded onto them at any one time, and an annual load limit of $10,000. Spriggy cards can be used in-store or online, wherever Visa is accepted.
Is there a PIN for Spriggy card?
A Spriggy card PIN can only be set or edited by a Primary Parent. To set or update a PIN: Log into Spriggy using your Primary Parent Login. Select the child’s profile whose PIN you would like to set.
Can I transfer money from Spriggy to bank account?
Tap on ‘Help’ and then choose ‘Member Help’. Tap ‘Send us a message’. Choose ‘Top-ups, transactions or transfers’. Tap ‘Transferring funds back to my bank’ and follow the prompts.