How To Activate a New Roku Device
What is Roku Device?
A Roku streaming device is all you need to stream what you love on your TV. Enjoy thousands of free and paid channels with live TV, movies, shows, music, and more. It’s like a cable box—but a better value. See what’s on. Free entertainment.
How To Activate a New Roku Device
- Choose a language.
- Connect your Roku device to your network and the internet.
- Wait for your Roku device to download the latest software.
- Set the display type.
- Set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV.
- Create a Roku account and activate your Roku device.
- You are done!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I activate my new Roku?
How to activate your Roku device
- Press OK on your remote to reveal the on-screen keyboard.
- Using your remote, type a valid email address and the select Continue.
- If you have trouble receiving the activation link in your email, press on Star your remote and try again or select Activate with a QR Code option.
How do I link a new Roku device to my account?
Activating your Roku device
- Follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide that came with your Roku device.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to your home network and the internet.
- Once connected, your Roku device may download and install new software.
Is Roku activation free?
Remember, activating your Roku device is always free, and always has been (i.e., Roku has never charged for device activation). If you need help, review the steps required to complete the device activation process.
Can I activate my Roku online?
Open the email from Roku and select the activation link. From the Roku website, follow the instructions to create a free Roku account or login to your existing account. You must complete all steps on the website before returning to your Roku device.
Where is Roku activation code?
When activating your Roku device, you should follow the Quick Start Guide and complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet. Once this is complete the Roku device will display a link code on screen to link your device to your Roku account.
How do I activate my Roku without a remote?
To use your Roku player without a remote, download the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet. Connect the device with the app to the same WiFi network as your Roku player. Then select Devices in the app and tap the remote icon.
How do I activate Roku with QR code?
Use your mobile phone’s camera to scan the QR code and get the device activation link. Once you open the link, either from the email or QR code, follow the instructions for creating a Roku account and setting up your Roku device with channels to watch.
Can you have 2 Roku devices on one account?
When you activate a Roku streaming player or Roku TV™, you have the choice to add, or link it to your existing Roku account, or you can create a new account. When you activate more than one Roku device, each device can be linked to a different Roku account, or all devices can be linked to a single account.
Can I use my Roku on another TV?
Roku players have only one connectivity port (HDMI/USB) to connect to a TV. If you watch one TV at a time then you can simply plug out the Roku player from TV and Plug it in in another TV.
Do you need a credit card to set up Roku?
If you plan on purchasing premium channels or premium features, go to https://my.roku.com/signup. Plase note that you will need to have your credit card so you can have it stored to your account to make purcahses. You will have an option to create a pin to be used to authorize purchases.