How To Activate a New PS5
What is PS5?
The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is a home video game console developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was announced as the successor to the PlayStation 4 in April 2019, was launched on November 12, 2020, in Australia, Japan, New Zealand, North America, and South Korea, and was released worldwide one week later.
How To Activate a New PS5
- Connect your controller.
- Select your language.
- Set up your internet connection.
- Adjust display settings.
- Control power options for Rest Mode.
- Read and accept the user agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I start my PS5 for the first time?
What to Know:
- Turn stand over > rotate top and bottom until it clicks > connect console to TV with an HDMI cable.
- Connect the power cord and press the power button on the front of your PS5.
- Connect your PS5 controller to the console > tap the PS button in the middle of the controller to get started.
How do I register my new PS5?
How to register a Sony product in My Sony
- After you’ve logged in, you’ll be able to register all your Sony products. Click on [Register a new product] in the side menu, or click the blue button.
- Fill out your product details. You can use the links available if you’re unsure what your model name or serial number is.
Can you have 2 PS5 activated?
How many PS5 can be activated on one account? For game sharing and offline play you can only have one PS5 console activated simultaneously.
How do I activate my PlayStation console?
Each player can have one PS4 console activated as the primary PS4 console for their account.
- Go to Settings > Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PlayStation 4.
- Select Activate.
How do I activate PlayStation online?
The PS4™ system you use to sign in to PlayStation™Network for the first time is automatically activated as your primary PS4™ system. To activate your system after you first sign in, select (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
How long does a PS5 take to set up?
The PlayStation 5 is still one of the hardest gadgets to get your hands on, even a year after its release. If you somehow snagged one anyway—well, you may want to try your luck on the lottery next. After that, you’re going to need to do the usual song and dance to get your console set up—which can take a few hours.
How do I know what model my PS5 is?
The PS5 model number can be found on the PS5 console’s original packaging and the bottom of the PS5 console.
What does the PS5 come with?
WHAT’S INCLUDED: PlayStation 5 Console. DualSense™ Wireless Controller. DualSense™ USB charging cable.
Does PS5 come with free games?
Each month, PS5 and PS4 owners who subscribe to one of Sony’s PlayStation Plus tiers get to download and play a great selection of free games. PS Plus is PlayStation’s online gaming service, which provides access to multiplayer gaming and other benefits, including money off many digital purchases.
Do I have to make a new PlayStation account for PS5?
If you already have an account on your PS4 console, you can use the same account for your PS5 console. Your PlayStation Plus subscription, trophies, friends, and other information will sync to your PS5 console. Go to Account Management and select Create New Account. Follow the on-screen instructions.