How To Activate a New PS5 Console
What is PS5 Console?
The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is a home video game console developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was announced as the successor to the PlayStation 4 in April 2019, was launched on November 12, 2020, in Australia, Japan, New Zealand, North America, and South Korea, and was released worldwide one week later.
How To Activate a New PS5 Console
- Turn On Your PS5. What is this?
- Step 2: Go To “Settings” Click “Settings” on the top right corner of the main screen.
- Step 3: Click On “Users And Accounts.”
- Step 4: Select The Console Sharing & Offline Play option.
- Step 5: Enable Console Sharing & Offline Play.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up a new PS5 console?
After turning on the PS5 for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions to:
- Connect the controller to the system.
- Select your language.
- Set up your internet connection.
- Adjust display settings.
- Control power options for Rest Mode.
- Read and accept the user agreement.
How do I start my PS5 for the first time?
What to Know:
- Turn stand over > rotate top and bottom until it clicks > connect console to TV with an HDMI cable.
- Connect the power cord and press the power button on the front of your PS5.
- Connect your PS5 controller to the console > tap the PS button in the middle of the controller to get started.
How do I add console to PS5 app?
To link your PS5 console or your primary PS4 console, open PlayStation App, and then select Settings > Link Console to App. Follow on-screen instructions to link your console.
How long does a PS5 take to set up?
The PlayStation 5 is still one of the hardest gadgets to get your hands on, even a year after its release. If you somehow snagged one anyway—well, you may want to try your luck on the lottery next. After that, you’re going to need to do the usual song and dance to get your console set up—which can take a few hours.
Why is my brand new PS5 not working?
Unplug the power cord, let it sit for 20 minutes, plug it back in, and try turning the console on. Switch the power cord. Try plugging in a different power cord—one from an older console should be compatible—to see if that’s the problem. Try a different power source.
Can I play PS5 offline?
When you enable console sharing and offline play, anyone who uses your PS5 console can: Play your games and media even when the console is offline. Play games and media you’ve purchased and downloaded. Enjoy some benefits of your PlayStation Plus membership, such as online multiplayer.
Can I play my PS5 on another console?
Stream your PS5 games to another PS5 or PS4 console with your DualSense controller via a home broadband wired network. The same PlayStation Network account is required to connect both consoles. You’ll find the Remote Play application on your PS5 home screen.
What should be your first PS5 game?
God of War Ragnarok is hands down one of the easiest games to recommend to anyone asking what game they should play first on their PS5. The gameplay is an immensely satisfying combination of combat, puzzle solving, and exploration that is bound together with a heartwarming story of family, adolescence, and letting go.
Does PS5 have an app?
Experience PlayStation App
Stay connected to the world of PlayStation wherever you go. Chat with friends, get the latest gaming news, and download games to your PS4 or PS5™ console with PlayStation app.
Where is console management in PS5?
How to manage saved data on a PS5 console
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Select Saved Data (PS5) or Saved Data (PS4).
- Select Console Storage > Delete.
- Tick the box next to the files you want to delete and select Delete.