How To Activate a New HSBC Card
What is HSBC ?
HSBC was born from one simple idea – a local bank serving international needs. In March 1865, HSBC opened its doors for business in Hong Kong. Today we are one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
How To Activate a New HSBC Card
- Head to the HSBC website and sign into online banking.
- Go to ‘Manage’
- Select ‘Activate card’
- Choose the card you want to activate.
- Confirm, and your card will be ready to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I activate my HSBC Visa debit card?
Via HSBC Online Banking by selecting “Activate debit card” under debit card services on the “My Banking” tab.
How do I activate my HSBC physical card?
- If you hold an HSBC Mastercard® Supplementary Debit Card, you can activate the card and set up the PIN by calling 3163 0633.
- You can then start enjoying the benefits of the fee-free multi-currency spending experience!
- For your convenience, you can also add the card to your mobile wallet!
Can you activate a HSBC card on the app?
How to activate your card. The quickest way to activate your new card is through our mobile app or online banking.
How long does it take to activate HSBC card?
As soon as you receive your new credit card, sign the back and activate your card in under 60 seconds by calling our automated line, available 24/7.
How do I activate my HSBC credit card at an ATM?
Customers can easily activate their credit card by visiting the nearest HSBC ATM. At the ATM machine use the credit card to activate it. Customer may also change the PIN at this time. The ATM PIN is shared with the customer in the welcome kit of the credit card.
How do I activate my HSBC card PIN?
How to activate your card
- Use your debit card at any Visa ATM by entering the ATM PIN.
- Use your debit card with the ATM PIN at a Point of Sale (POS) terminal that supports Chip and PIN capability.
- The debit card can be activated through Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Kindly call us on 1800 121 4015.
How do I activate my HSBC credit card via SMS?
We will send an SMS OTP to your registered mobile number to complete the process. You can also activate via SMS by texting HSBC<space>LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR CARD<space>LAST NAME<space>BIRTH MONTH & YEAR in MMMYYYY format (ex. JUN1985) to 09221001010 using your registered mobile number (SMS charges apply).
Where is CVV number on HSBC debit card?
The CVV/CVC code (Card Verification Value/Code) is located on the back of your credit/debit card on the right side of the white signature strip; it is always the last 3 digits in case of VISA and MasterCard. Please copy your CVV/CVC code from the back of your card and continue with your payment.
Can I use my HSBC card at any ATM?
You can use all ATM/Debit and Credit Cards of all banks at hundreds of thousands of ATMs bearing same the emblem / logo** on your card. With HSBC Debit Card * at abroad, you can only withdraw money from your home account.
Can I withdraw money from HSBC credit card?
Whatever time of day or night, you can withdraw money using your HSBC debit card or HSBC credit card. Credit card customers will be charged a fee. Non HSBC cash machines may also charge an additional fee.