How To Activate a New BNZ Card
What is BNZ Card?
Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) is one of New Zealand’s largest banks, providing credit cards, loans, bank accounts, investments and insurance services.
How To Activate a New BNZ Card
- Log in to the BNZ app and tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines in top left corner).
- Tap Cards. You’ll see which of your cards need to be activated.
- Select the card you want to activate. Tap Activate card.
- Verify your card by entering the 3-digit number in the signature panel on the back of your physical card.
- If the number doesn’t match what we have on file, you’ll get an error message. Check you have the new card, confirm the number and enter it again. If you continue to receive an error, send us a secure message in Internet Banking and we can look into this for you.
- When the number is a match, a green tick will appear.
- Tap Next to set your PIN. Enter a 4-digit PIN. Make sure to select a secure PIN.
- Re-enter the same 4-digit PIN to confirm it.
- Once your PIN is confirmed, your card is ready to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I activate my new card?
New debit cards often have a sticker on the front that provides you with a number to call to activate the card. If your card doesn’t have this, call the customer service number provided on the back of the card. Follow the prompts to enter the required information.
How do I activate my new Visa card?
The easiest way you can activate your Visa credit card is either through the issuer’s website, or by calling the number you see on the back of your card. Different cards will have different options. When you receive your Visa card in the mail, it should come with a set of instructions on how to activate it.
How do I know my card is activated?
There are a few easy ways to check if a credit card is active. Call customer service: You can call the phone number on the back of your credit card to reach customer service. You’ll be able to check the status of your card and, if it is deactivated, you can ask about reactivation.
Can you use a new credit card right away?
Not every issuer offers instant-use credit cards, but a few that do include American Express, Capital One and Chase. Depending on the card, these issuers generally give you your card numbers online or via a digital wallet so you can shop in-person or online right after being approved.
How do I activate my debit card via SMS?
Step 1: SMS ‘PIN 5678 ABCD’ to 567676. Step 2: Here, 5678 represents the last four digits of your debit card number and ABCD represents the last four digits of your bank account number linked to the debit card. Once the SMS is sent, you will receive an OTP number on your mobile.
Do I need to activate my new Visa card?
You’ll normally need to activate any new credit card you receive in the post. Even if it’s a replacement for an existing card, some banks and providers will still require it to be activated.
Do Visa cards automatically activate?
Many Visa Gift cards are activated automatically upon purchase and may be used immediately. However, some Visa Gift cards must be activated by the recipient before they can be used. Be sure to sign in the designated area on the back before making your first purchase.
Do you have to activate a new bank card?
You don’t need to do anything to activate your debit card. You’ll be able to use it to make online payments as soon as it arrives in the post. If you’ve opened a new current account, we’ll also send your PIN in the post. You’ll need to wait for your PIN to use your card at cash machines or in shops.
Do debit cards activate immediately?
If you use online banking, you can activate your debit card immediately after it arrives. Simply log in, go to Customer service, then Self service and find the option for debit card activation. If you don’t use mobile or online banking, wait for your PIN to arrive separately.