How To Activate a Jira User
What is Jira User?
In Jira Software, a user is any individual who can log into your Jira instance and counts towards your Jira license.
How To Activate a Jira User
- Click the icon in the bottom left corner that looks like a square of 9 dots.
- Select Site Administration.
- Find the user in question.
- Click “Grant Site Access”
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I activate a user account in Jira?
Go to https://admin.atlassian.com and select your organization.
- Once in the organization, select Directory and Managed accounts.
- Search and select the user with the deactivated account.
- When in the user’s profile, click the Reactivate account button:
How do I make a user active in Jira?
Refresh the User’s Cache
Restarting JIRA will clear the user’s cache and recreate it once the application is started again. If you have a Data Center installation, all Nodes must be stopped and then started one by one, otherwise, the problematic cache can be replicated back to the starting Nodes.
How do I reactivate a user in Jira?
To reactivate an account:
- Go to admin.atlassian.com. Select your organization if you have more than one.
- Select Directory > Managed accounts.
- Select the user you want to reactivate.
- From the user’s account page, click Reactivate account.
How do I activate a user?
Activate a User
- Go to User Management.
- Locate the appropriate user. You can search for users based on name, email, or ID.
- Once you locate the appropriate user, use the Actions menu to select Activate User.
- Confirm the activation.
How do I enable user account?
Enable or Disable an Account in Local Users and Groups
Go to “Users” ⇨ right-click on the user whom you want to disable (enable) and select “Properties.” In the “General” tab, check the “Disable account” field and click “OK.” If you need to enable an account — uncheck the box “Disable account” and click “OK”.
What is an active user in Jira?
An active user in Jira Core is by definition any user account in the system with the “Jira Software Users” global permission or the “Jira Administrators” permission,i.e., anyone who can log in. Unlimited ‘anonymous users’ are permitted on all licenses.”
Does Jira charge for inactive users?
Inactive users won’t be chargeable for, but you’ll want to make sure that you keep them inactive when you migrate. The worst case is you import 80 people, and it will look like you have to pay the first month for them, then make them all inactive so that you only have 20 to be charged for in the future.
How do I activate a deactivated user?
Reactivate a user profile
- In the Admin Console, go to DirectoryPeople.
- Enter the user name in the Search field. The Status column for deactivated users displays Deactivated.
- Click the name of the deactivated user.
- Click Activate.
- Click Activate in the Activate Person dialog.
How do I manage users in Jira?
You can invite or remove users from the site administration area. Add people to groups and project roles to easily manage access and permissions. View Jira Cloud user activity and login details. Manage permissions or restrictions for multiple users.
How do I check user status in Jira?
One way to view user activity in Jira is to go to a specific issue and look at the “Activity” tab → Show History. This tab shows a timeline of all the actions that have been taken on the issue, including comments, work logs, and changes to the issue’s status or assignee.