How To Activate a iWatch
What is iWatch?
Apple Watch is a wearable smartwatch that allows users to accomplish a variety of tasks, including making phone calls, sending text messages and reading email. Apple released the first Apple Watch on April 24, 2015.
How To Activate a iWatch
- Turn on your Apple Watch and put it on.
- Hold your Apple Watch close to your iPhone. .
- Hold your iPhone over the animation.
- Set up as new or restore from a backup.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Create a passcode.
- Customize your settings.
- Set up cellular and Apple Pay.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I activate my used Apple Watch?
Identify the model of Apple Watch. Make sure that the previous owner removed Activation Lock from the watch and that the watch has been erased. They must unpair the watch and remove Activation Lock by entering their Apple ID password, so you can use the watch.
Can an Apple Watch be activated without a phone?
The Apple Watch doesn’t need to be connected to the same carrier as your Apple® iPhone® when set up using Standalone mode (Set Up for a Family Member). The family member using the Apple Watch doesn’t need an iPhone, but an iPhone is required for initial setup.
How do I activate my lost Apple Watch?
Put your Apple Watch in Lost Mode
- Open Find My and tap your Apple Watch.
- Tap Activate in the Mark As Lost section.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter a phone number where you can be reached, then tap Next.
- Enter a message that you want to show on the watch screen.
- Tap Activate.
How do I unlock my Apple Watch if its locked to owner?
you need to turn off Activation Lock:
- On a computer, go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID, and open Settings.
- Under My Devices, click your Apple Watch.
- Click X next to your device.
- Click Remove to confirm.
How long can it take to activate an Apple Watch?
Depending on how much there is to sync, this could take quite a while. Just make sure that the iPhone and Apple Watch remain as close as possible to each other during this time and you should be ready to enjoy your new Apple Watch in about 15 to 20 minutes (or less).
Are Apple watches waterproof?
Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof. For example, you can wear and use your Apple Watch during activities such as exercise (exposure to sweat is OK), walking in rain, and washing your hands.
What happens if you activate lost on Apple Watch?
When you mark your Apple Watch as lost, your watch is locked with a passcode so that others can’t access your personal information, and the ability to pay with Apple Pay using credit or debit cards in Wallet is suspended. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
How do I remove previous owner from Apple Watch?
Just unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap Apple Watch, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Enter your Apple ID password. If you forgot your Apple ID password, you can reset it.
- Tap again to confirm.
Can an Apple Watch be unlocked without passcode?
If you forget your passcode, you must erase your Apple Watch. You can do so in these ways: Unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone to erase your watch settings and passcode, then pair again. Reset your Apple Watch and pair it again with your iPhone.
Can I bathe with my Apple Watch?
“Showering with Apple Watch Series 2 and newer is ok, but we recommend not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes.