How To Activate a HSBC Secure Key
What is HSBC Secure Key?
HSBC Secure Key, as the name suggests, is like a front door key for your HSBC online banking. It is roughly half the size of a credit card and looks a bit like a calculator. It uses advanced technology to give you a unique passcode every time you log on.
How To Activate a HSBC Secure Key
- Enter the activation code we sent you.
- Enter the serial number on the back of your security device.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create a PIN and generate your first security code.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I setup my HSBC mobile security key?
- Download and open HSBC HK Business Express mobile app.
- Go to the logon screen and enter your username.
- Select the ‘Activate this device with existing Mobile Security Key’
- Enter your password.
- Follow the instructions to allow push notification on your old device.
- Enter SMS verification code to complete the verification.
How do I activate my HSBC security token?
Step 1: Download the HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Step 2: Set up your account and verify your identity. You’ll then receive an SMS to confirm your PIN has been set. This will also activate your Mobile Secure Key.
How do I activate my mobile security key?
Simplify your transactions with Mobile Security Key
- Log on Hang Seng Mobile App. Get the latest version of the Hang Seng Mobile App and log on.
- Choose verification method. Choose either one of the methods to proceed with verification:
- Proceed verification.
- Set up “6-digit PIN”
How do I activate my HSBC HK mobile security key?
Mobile Security Key has been activated on your new device. Step 1: Logon to the “HSBC HK” app by entering Mobile Security Key Password. Step 2: Please view Terms and Conditions then click “Enable” Touch ID. Step 3: Touch the Home button to enable Touch ID.
What is the mobile secure key for HSBC?
The Mobile Secure Key generates a temporary code you can use to log on to online banking, and approve specific transactions and account updates. Step 1: Open the HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app (but don’t log on). Select ‘Generate Security Code’ at the bottom of the screen.
How do I get my security key?
Finding a network security key on a Windows device
- Go to the Start menu.
- Click Network Connection.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the wireless network icon.
- Go to Wireless Properties.
- Open the Security tab.
- Select Show Characters, and you’ll be able to see your network security key.
How do I set up a security key login?
To add a security key as a sign in method for your Microsoft account:
- Go to the Microsoft account page and sign in as you normally would.
- Select Security > More security options.
- Select Add a new way to sign in or verify.
- Select Use a security key.
- Identify what type of key you have (USB or NFC) and select Next.
Can I login to HSBC without secure key?
You will be able to access online banking without the Secure Key with limited service only. To maintain security your Secure Key must be used when updating your personal information or if you wish to make payments.
Where can I find the security key on my Iphone?
Go to Settings > [your name] > Sign-In & Security. Tap Security Keys.
How do I change my security key?
How to change your network security key?
- Type your router’s IP address into a browser tab and press Enter.
- Find a section for wireless, wireless settings, or wireless security.
- The best option for home networks is WPA2. Select it.
- Enter the new network security key.
- Confirm your changes if necessary.