How To Activate a Holafly eSim
What is Holafly eSim?
The beauty of Holafly’s eSIM plans is that they offer easy purchase and activation through their eSIM app or webpage, support, and extensive coverage with over 170 destinations, providing uninterrupted access worldwide and even unlimited data —no more counting gigabytes or worrying about overages.
How To Activate a Holafly eSim
- Open “Settings”, go to “Connections” and then go to the SIM card Manager.
- Under “Preferred SIMs”, press “Mobile data” and select your new Holafly eSIM.
- Go back to “Connections” and enter “Mobile networks” and turn on “Data roaming” to activate your eSIM.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for Holafly eSIM to activate?
Your eSIM data plan begins the moment you activate it on your phone. You must scan a QR code to install your eSIM, however this does not start your data plan going.
How do I manually activate my eSIM?
To activate eSIM on Google Android, follow these steps:
- Go to [Settings] – [Network & Internet] – Tap the + icon next to Mobile Network.
- Tap on [Download a SIM instead] – [Next] and tap “Need help?”
- Tap on [Enter Data Manually]
- Enter your activation code by copying and pasting it into the appropriate field.
How to install Holafly eSIM on Android?
- Settings. Go to your mobile phone settings and then to “Network & Internet”.
- New eSIM. In “Network & Internet”, click on the “+” icon next to your main mobile plan to add your new plan.
- Add your eSIM.
- Scan the QR code.
- Download your mobile plan.
- Installation confirmation.
- Label your new data plan.
Can I activate eSIM immediately?
Depending on your eSIM’s activation policy, it will either activate as soon as you install it or when you connect to a supported network at your destination.
How can I tell if my eSIM is activated?
Open the “Settings” app on your Android device. Scroll down and tap the “Network & Internet” or “Connections” option, depending on your device. Look for the “SIM cards” or “Dual SIM & eSIM” option and tap on it. If you see an option for the eSIM that shows “Connected” or “Active,” it means your eSIM is activated.
Why eSIM activation failed?
The most likely reason for eSIM activation failure is that your phone is actually SIM locked. Please check if your device has SIM restrictions.
When to install eSIM Holafly?
You will need Wi-Fi to set up your eSIM, so we recommend that you install and activate your eSIM just before your departure. You can wait until you arrive in the country to activate your eSIM, but please remember that you will need a Wi-Fi connection to perform the installation process.
When should I install Holafly?
So to avoid starting your plan too early, Holafly recommends installing the eSIM just hours before your trip and then activating it once you arrive at your destination. eSIM set-up instructions differ for iPhone and Android devices. So below, we will summarize the basics to give you an overview of the process.
How do I get Holafly to work?
Let’s get started together
- Open your email. Find the email where we sent you the Android activation code when you made the purchase.
- Open “Settings” on your device. Press “Connections” and enter the “SIM card manager”.
- Follow the installation steps. Select “Scan QR from service provider”, and press “Enter activation code”.
Does eSIM activate automatically?
Most eSIMs will activate when you turn on your eSIM line and connect to a supported network at your destination. Once you connect, your validity period will begin and you can start using your eSIM data.