How To Activate a HDFC Debit Card
What is HDFC Debit Card?
Home Debit Card HDFC Debit Card. You can use your HDFC Debit Card to withdraw cash from ATMS, shop, pay bills, etc. Additionally, you can earn cashback and rewards on your purchases, along with benefits like lounge access, insurance cover, dining discounts etc.
How To Activate a HDFC Debit Card
- You need to login to the respective bank’s internet banking portal. Once you log in, go to the section marked as ‘Debit Card’.
- There will be instructions on how to generate an ATM PIN for your Debit Card.
- Generate an ATM PIN by following those instructions and your Debit Card will be activated online.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I activate my HDFC debit card online?
Step 1: Visit HDFC Bank net banking portal and click on the ‘cards’ tab. Step 2: Go to the ‘Debit Cards’ menu. Step 3: Choose the ‘Instant PIN Generation’ option under the request tab, and select the debit card number. Step 4: Set up a new debit card PIN.
How can I generate my HDFC debit card PIN online?
Steps to Regenerate PIN through NetBanking
- 1Login to NetBanking and click on cards Tab.
- 2Go to Debit Cards menu.
- 3Select “Pin Regeneration” under Request Tab & select the Debit Card number and continue.
- 4Select a ‘Reason’ and confirm to receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
Can I use HDFC debit card internationally?
You can activate international usage by logging into their net banking website or by calling customer care. The joining and annual fees for HDFC Bank international Debit Cards vary depending on your account, Debit Card type, etc. Read more about the steps to follow to apply for a Debit Card.
How do I activate my debit card for online transactions?
STEP I: Login to your bank’s internet banking portal with your credentials. STEP II: Go to the ‘Value Added Services’ or the ‘Cards’ section, depending on your bank’s website, and choose ‘debit card ON/OFF’. STEP III: Choose the card you want to enable from a list of all your linked debit cards.
How can I activate my HDFC debit card through SMS?
Step 1: Send PIN<SPACE>last four digits of your ATM card<SPACE>last four digits of your account number from your registered mobile number to 567676. Step 2: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Step 3: You can visit your nearest HDFC ATM and use this OTP to generate your PIN.
How can I get 6 digit PIN for new HDFC debit card?
HDFC Debit Card PIN Generation through Net Banking
- Step 1: Visit the official website of HDFC Bank.
- Step 2: Log in to your internet banking account.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Cards’ tab and click on the ‘Debit Cards’ option.
- Step 4: Under the Request Tab, click on ‘Instant Pin Generation.
- Step 5: Choose the Debit Card number.
How to enable HDFC debit card for international transaction?
How to activate usage of International Debit Card
- Log on to Net Banking with your credentials.
- Click on Cards tab and go to Debit Cards menu.
- Click on Request.
- Select ‘Set International / Domestic Usage’
- Select the option ‘Card to be enabled for International and Domestic Use’
What is the limit for HDFC debit card?
Dynamic Limits on Debit Cards
|Debit Card Variant||Current Default Debit Card Shopping Limit|
|Titanium Debit Card Titanium Royale Debit Card||1.75 (Rs Lakhs)|
|Easyshop Regular Debit Card & Women’s Advantage Debit Card||1.25 (Rs Lakhs)|
|Rupay Premium Debit Card||1.25 (Rs Lakhs)|
|Platinum Debit Card & Business Debit Card||5.00 (Rs Lakhs)|
How can I know my HDFC customer ID?
You will find your Customer ID mentioned in your Welcome Letter and on the 1st page of your Chequebook. Note – Incase you are yet to receive your Welcome Kit, you can find the Customer ID in the Welcome Letter sent to you earlier. Please keep it confidential by not sharing it with anyone else.
Why my HDFC debit card is not working for online payment?
It may be because, the required amount, of what you are looking to buy, is not available in your Bank Account. Or, you may have entered, the wrong debit card details like your debit card no, CVV or OTP etc. The Server of HDFC Bank may be down, at that moment. Or your card may be expired.
Can I unlock my debit card myself?
Yes, it is possible to unblock your ATM card online if your bank provides the same service. Most of the public and private sector banks have dedicated internet banking and mobile banking channels to provide such banking services online.