How To Activate a Google Pixel 7 Pro
What is Google Pixel 7 Pro?
Google Pixel is a brand of portable consumer electronic devices developed by Google that run either ChromeOS or the Android operating system.
How To Activate a Google Pixel 7 Pro
- Ensure a 5G SIM is inserted in the device prior to powering on.To avoid potential activation / service issues, don’t insert a 4G SIM card.5G devices purchased from Verizon include a pre-installed 5G SIM card.
- If powered off, press and hold the Power button until the Google logo appears then release.
- From the ‘Welcome to your Pixel’ screen, select the appropriate language then tap Get started.
- From the ‘Connect to Wi-Fi’ screen, select a network then enter the password.If you choose ‘Skip’, you can add a Wi-Fi network after setup is complete.
- From the ‘Phone activation’ screen, tap Continue.If prompted, enter the account PIN then follow the on-screen prompts (see Account PIN FAQs for additional info).If activating a new phone, ensure the old phone is powered off.
- From the ‘Copy apps & data’ screen, select one of the following:
- NextDon’t CopyIf troubleshooting, choose this option and don’t restore the device until all testing has been completed.
- From the ‘Sign in’ screen, enter a Google™ email address then tap Next.If you choose ‘Skip’, you can add your Google account after setup is complete.
- From the ‘Google Services’ screen, select the desired options then tap Accept.
- From the ‘Verizon Services’ screen, select the desired option then tap I accept.
- To continue, from the ‘Limited Warranty’ screen, tap Next.
- To continue, from the ‘Additional legal terms’ screen, tap I accept.
- From the ‘Set a PIN’ screen, enter a PIN code then tap Next.To set up a pattern or password, tap Screen lock options.If you choose ‘Skip’, you can set up a screen lock, fingerprint recognition or face recognition after setup is complete.
- From the ‘Continue setup?’ screen, tap Continue to fully set up and personalize your device.Tap Leave & get reminder to finish later.
- From the ‘Talk to Google hands-free’ screen, read the info then tap I agree to set up ‘Hey Google’.Tap Skip to set up Google Assistant after activation is complete.
- From the ‘Access your Assistant without unlocking your phone’ screen, allow Assistant on lock screen, tap ‘I agree’ or ‘Skip’.
- From the ‘Anything else’ screen, set up additional items or tap No thanks.
- From the ‘Stay up to date’ screen, tap ‘Yes, I’m in’ or ‘No thanks’.
- From the ‘Swipe to navigate your phone’ screen, tap Try it.If you don’t want to learn gestures to go Home, go back, and switch apps, tap Skip.
- From the ‘All set!’ screen, swipe up from the bottom of the phone to go to the Home screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Pixel 7 Pro have dual SIM?
This option is called Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS). On Pixel 7/7 Pro and later devices and if your carrier allows, you can use 2 eSim profiles simultaneously. Before you can add a second SIM, you need to add the first SIM.
Does Pixel 7 Pro have eSIM or physical SIM?
The Google Pixel 7 smartphone is equipped with an eSIM. Thanks to the eSIM, you will be able to use dual SIM cards.
Does Pixel 7 Pro have SIM card slot?
The SIM tray is located on the left side of the device. To insert a SIM, insert a SIM tool into the small hole to eject the SIM tray.
How does eSIM work in Pixel 7 Pro?
The Google Pixel 7 smartphone is equipped with an eSIM. Thanks to the eSIM, you will be able to use dual SIM cards. It means that the eSIM on Google Pixel 7 allows you to immediately connect to another mobile operator without using a physical SIM card.
How does eSIM work Google Pixel 7 Pro?
In addition to your normal sim, you can also use an esim in your phone. An esim is a digital sim that enables you to activate a plan without the use of a physical sim. To activate your esim, you need to set up your phone for internet or establish a connection to a WiFi network.
How old is Pixel 7 Pro?
The Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro were officially announced on October 6, 2022, at the annual Made by Google event, and were released in the United States on October 13. They were succeeded by the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro in 2023.
What happens when a phone is activated?
Activation is making a phone active on a cell phone network. It is the process that links a specific cell phone to a specific customer account and phone number. It requires configuration on the network side, for the network to recognize that specific phone as belonging to that customer.
What is activation date?
The activation date specifies when the objective is active (or started). The deactivation date specifies when the objective is inactive (or ended).
Does my phone have to be activated?
Cell phones aren’t activated. It is the SIM card that has to be activated so that it can register with the network when it is in a phone and the phone is switched on. Activation of the SIM involves associating the SIM card ID number with a specific cell phone number and account.