How To Activate a Gizmo
What is Gizmo?
A gizmo is a device used for a specific job. A vacuum is a gizmo that cleans the floor. While gizmo often means an unknown object — like a thingamajig — a gizmo is any device that gets a job done. A phone is a gizmo for talking to people. A stove is a gizmo that cooks food.
How To Activate a Gizmo
- Power the watch on by holding the Power button. You’ll hear audible prompts telling you that it’s connecting to Verizon.
- Open the GizmoHub app on the companion smartphone.If necessary, install the GizmoHub app via the Play Store or App Store.
- To continue, tap the Checkmark icon on the watch.The watch is activated when it reads out the Gizmo’s mobile number.
- From the ‘Let’s Get Started!’ screen, choose one of the following:
- Create an Account
- Sign In
- Enter your email address and password, then tap Sign In.To sign in with a Google™ account, tap Sign in with Google.
- Tap Add a Child then enter the following info:To create another child profile, tap More (lower-right) then tap Add a Child.If you’re activating a replacement Gizmo Watch 3, delete the previous Gizmo then skip to step 8.
- Birth Date
- Your relationship to child
- Tap Add a Gizmo.
- Tap Pair Gizmo.
- Tap ‘Scan QR Code’ or tap ‘Don’t see a QR code’ then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Tap the Checkmark icon on your Gizmo Watch 3 to finish the pairing process.
- From the ‘Add this Gizmo to your contacts.’ screen tap one of the following:If prompted, tap OK.
- Create contact
- No thanks
- From the ‘Success!’ screen, tap Continue.
- Tap Set up PIN.If you don’t want a Security PIN, tap Skip.
- Enter a security PIN, enter it again to confirm then tap Enter.
- Tap OK.
- If prompted with the GizmoHub navigation screen appears, tap X to enter the app.
- To continue, tap the Checkmark icon on your Gizmo Watch 3.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to activate a GizmoWatch?
You do have to pay a $35 activation fee for any of the GizmoWatches. And don’t forget the Verizon service plan, which runs around $10 per month.
Does gizmo have a SIM card?
Instructions on inserting/removing your SIM can help with activation issues / errors, browser connection problems and a blank or frozen screen. Don’t attempt to insert/remove the SIM card while your GizmoTab™ is powered on. Doing so may harm the SIM card and/or the device.
Can GizmoWatch work with iPhone?
It’s necessary for the Gizmo Watch 3 to link to the caregiver’s Android™ Smartphone or Apple® iPhone® for the device to function properly; however, the smartphone doesn’t need to be connected to the Verizon network.
Is Gizmo 3 waterproof?
The Gizmo Watch 3 is rated IP68 according to the Ingress Protection rating system, which means it has light dust protection and is water-resistant to splashes. If the device gets wet, water may remain in the gaps in the main unit.
Does gizmo have an app?
The GizmoHub app lets you locate, call and stay in control of your child’s wearable device. Speak, exchange messages and invite trusted contacts to communicate with your child, all while managing their Gizmo Watch and keeping their information safe.
Is gizmo an android?
The Gizmo devices from Verizon are wearable, GPS- enabled trackers, step counters, and communication devices for your child. GizmoHub is free to download for both iOs and Android devices, however you must have a paid plan to allow the app to communicate with the device.
Is A GizmoWatch waterproof?
The GizmoWatch is rated IP67 according to the Ingress Protection rating system, which means it has light dust protection and is water resistant to splashes. If the device gets wet, water may remain in gaps of the main unit.
Can a GizmoWatch take pictures?
Camera. 5 Megapixel Front Facing Camera. The GizmoWatch Disney Edition features a front-facing camera which allows your child to take, save and send picture and video messages to you and their trusted contacts.
Can you text on a GizmoWatch?
The GizmoWatch can only text (preloaded message) or call contacts setup through the GizmoHub app by designated caregivers. In the caregiver’s GizmoHub app, each message is displayed in a chat bubble (white for the caregiver and colored bubbles for the Gadget messages) and is timestamped.