How To Activate a Gizmo Watch
What is Gizmo Watch?
Gizmo Watch 3 and the GizmoHub app2 on your smartphone provide you an easy way to keep up on your child’s whereabouts. And with features such as an SOS button, auto-answer3, voice calling, video calling4 and video messaging, staying in touch with your child is as close as their wrist.
How To Activate a Gizmo Watch
- Power the watch on by pressing the Power button.
- Open the GizmoHub app on the companion smartphone.If necessary, install the GizmoHub app via the Play Store or App Store.
- Tap the Checkmark icon on the watch.
- From the ‘Let’s Get Started!’ screen, choose one of the following:
- Create an Account
- Sign In
- Enter your email address and password, then tap Sign In.To sign in with a Google™ account, tap Sign in with Google.
- Tap Add Your Child’s Info then enter the required info (e.g., Name, Gender, Birth Month, etc.).If you’re activating a replacement GizmoWatch, skip to step 8.
- Tap Add Child.
- Tap Add Gizmo.
- Tap Get Started.If prompted, tap Allow.
- Tap ‘Scan QR Code’ or tap ‘Don’t have a QR code’ then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Tap the Checkmark icon on the GizmoWatch to finish the pairing process.
- From the ‘Add… number to your contacts’ screen tap one of the following:If prompted, tap OK.
- Yes, add to contacts
- Don’t add to contacts
- From the ‘Success!’ screen, tap Continue.
- Tap Set Up PIN.If you don’t want a Security PIN, tap Skip.
- Enter a security PIN, enter it again to confirm then tap Save.
- Tap OK.
- Once the GizmoHub navigation screen appears, tap X to enter the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my gizmo watch is activated?
If necessary, install the GizmoHub app via the Play Store or App Store. on the watch. The watch is activated when it reads out the Gizmo’s mobile number.
How do I connect my gizmo watch to my phone?
Tap Pair Gizmo and choose how you want to pair the GizmoWatch with the GizmoHub app. Select Scan QR code to automatically pair the watch by using the QR code. Select Don’t see a QR code? to manually pair the watch by entering its phone number. After entering the number, tap Next.
Does gizmo have a SIM card?
Instructions on inserting/removing your SIM can help with activation issues / errors, browser connection problems and a blank or frozen screen. Don’t attempt to insert/remove the SIM card while your GizmoTab™ is powered on. Doing so may harm the SIM card and/or the device.
Can you use a GizmoWatch without Verizon?
No. The GizmoWatch will only work with a Verizon phone line.
What app is needed for gizmo watch?
Ensure the primary caregiver has an Android Smartphone (OS 10.0 or higher) or an Apple iPhone (iOS 13.0 or later) with a data plan and has data coverage. Ensure the primary caregiver has the GizmoHub app installed (Google Play™ Store or Apple® App Store® )
How does gizmo watch work?
With the Gizmo Watch 3, parents can set up more than one safe zone and get a notification when their child goes from one place to another, such as going from school to a friend’s house. Kids can make video calls with the front-facing camera.
Why is my gizmo not pairing?
If you are having trouble pairing your Gizmo Watch 3 during setup, perform a Factory Data Reset. Prior to activating your Gizmo Watch 3, ensure: The companion smartphone is connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network. All devices (Guardians, Caregivers, etc.)
Are Gizmo watches waterproof?
The Gizmo Watch 3 is rated IP68 according to the Ingress Protection rating system, which means it has light dust protection and is water-resistant to splashes. If the device gets wet, water may remain in the gaps in the main unit.