How To Activate a Device
What is Device?
An object or machine that has been invented to fulfill a particular purpose: a handheld device. a safety device. electronic/mechanical devices.
How To Activate a Device
- On the device, install the BlackBerry UEM Client from Google Play. If UEM Client was installed as part of a device data transfer (for example, back up and restore to a new device), reinstall it and proceed with a new activation.
- Open the UEM Client.
- Read and accept the license agreement.
- Do one of the following :Task Steps Use a QR Code to activate the device Tap Scan QR Code .Tap Allow to allow the UEM Client to take pictures and record video .Scan the QR Code in the activation email .Manually activate the device
- Tap Enter credentials provided in your activation email.
- Type your work email address. This is the email address where you received the activation email. Tap Next.
- If necessary, type the server address found in your activation email and tap Next.
- If necessary, type your username.
- Type your activation password and tap Activate My Device. If your activation password is expired, create a new password in BlackBerry UEM Self-Service or contact your administrator.
- Tap Allow to allow the UEM Client to make and manage phone calls.
- Wait while the profiles and settings are pushed to your device.
- On the Set up your profile screen, tap Set up and wait while a work profile is set up on the device.
- If you are prompted, log in to your Google account with your Google email address and password. If you do not have a Google account, you can create one at this point.
- On the unlock selection screen, choose a screen unlock method.
- If you are prompted with the Secure start-up screen, tap Yes to require a password when the device starts.
- Type a device password, and type it again to confirm it. Tap OK.
- Select one of the options for how you want your notifications to show. Tap Done.
- Create a UEM Client password and tap OK. If you are using BlackBerry Dynamics apps, you will also use this password to sign in to all of your BlackBerry Dynamics apps.
- On the next screen, tap Enroll and follow the on-screen prompts if you want to set up fingerprint authentication for the UEM Client and any BlackBerry Dynamics apps that you have. Otherwise, tap Cancel.
- If you are signed out of your device, unlock your device to complete the BlackBerry UEM activation.
- If prompted, tap OK to allow the connection to BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus and wait while the connection is turned on.
- Optionally, if your administrator has set up Microsoft Azure conditional access, do one of the following :Task Steps Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your device, and sign into Microsoft Azure On the Microsoft Online Device registration screen, tap Continue .Sign in with your Microsoft Azure credentials .On the Help us keep your device secure screen, you must download the Microsoft Authenticator app. Tap Get the app .In the app store, tap Install .When prompted to allow diagnostics collection, tap OK. Sign in with your Microsoft Azure credentials .Tap Register .Sign into Microsoft Azure
- On the Microsoft Online Device registration screen, tap Continue.
- Tap on your account.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Azure credentials.
- On the Help us keep your device secure screen, tap Register.
- Tap Open to view the UEM Client compliance screen.
- If you are prompted, follow the instructions on the screen to install work apps on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I activate a phone myself?
Although the specific steps vary from device to device, generally, you need to insert the SIM card, power on the device, and follow the on-screen prompts to set it up. If you are activating a new phone, you may also need to activate the SIM card with your carrier.
What is activating a device?
Activation is making a phone active on a cell phone network. It is the process that links a specific cell phone to a specific customer account and phone number. It requires configuration on the network side, for the network to recognize that specific phone as belonging to that customer.
How do I reactivate my mobile phone?
Here are the steps you need to follow to get back a deactivated phone number easily.
- Know when your phone number was deactivated.
- Attempt to call/contact the number.
- Contact your service provider.
- Request a reactivation of your old phone number.
- Wait for your provider to reactivate the number.
How can I activate an old phone?
If your phone has a SIM card, usually all you need to do is order a new one from your new carrier, and simply pop out the old one from your phone, replacing it with the new one. You’ll be up and running with your new wireless carrier in no time.
Can I activate a phone for someone else?
From the type of phone to the choice of carrier, there are just too many variables here. What’s more, unless you’re willing to open service under your name (and be responsible for the payments), you can’t activate or set up a phone for someone else if that person is not present.
How do I know when my device is activated?
Via Google Dashboard
Click on the Android card under Your Google services section. You will find the activation date of your Android mobile or tablet right below the device name.
Where is activation in settings?
Checking your Windows activation status
To check activation status in Windows 10, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security and then select Activation . Your activation status will be listed next to Activation. You are activated.
Why my phone is deactivated?
A deactivated phone number means the mobile subscriber has terminated their service or transferred their phone number to a different mobile network provider. Eventually, deactivated numbers are recycled and reassigned to new subscribers.
Can I reactivate my stolen phone?
Report your missing phone to your network provider
If your phone’s been stolen, ask your network provider for the phone’s identification number (IMEI) – you’ll need to give this to the police. If you find your phone your network provider will normally be able to reactivate it.
Can you use a phone that is not activated?
A non-activated phone is a device that is not receiving any carrier signals. It won’t function on any SIM card before it is activated. This means you may be able to do things such as listen to music or connect to WiFi in some instances, but when it comes to making calls and sending SMS messages, you are out of luck.