How to ABC Order In Google Docs
In Google Docs, you can easily alphabetize or put data in ABC order using the built-in sorting feature. Follow these steps to sort your data in ascending alphabetical order:
- Open your Google Docs document and select the data you want to alphabetize. Click and drag to highlight the range of cells containing the data you want to sort. Make sure to include the entire rows of data you want to arrange.
- Once the data is selected, click on the “Table” option in the top menu. If your data is not in a table format, you can convert it to a table by selecting the data and then clicking on “Table” and choosing “Convert text to table.”
- After converting the data to a table, click on the column header of the column you want to sort. This will highlight the entire column.
- Now, go to the top menu again and click on “Table.” In the drop-down menu, hover your cursor over “Sort” to open the sorting options.
- From the sorting options, select “Sort A to Z” to arrange the data in ascending alphabetical order.
Google Docs will automatically rearrange the selected data in alphabetical order based on the column you chose to sort. If you want to sort in descending order (Z to A), follow the same steps, but instead, choose “Sort Z to A” from the sorting options.
Remember to be cautious when sorting data, as sorting changes cannot be undone with the “Undo” function. Always double-check your data and consider making a backup before applying any sorting changes.